4.09.2023

6.25.2022 + 12.18.2022. Son & Garden. San Francisco. California.

Son & Garden is an offshoot of Farmhouse Kitchen by my friend Ling and her husband. I have been meaning to go eat there in person for some time, and with Derrick Carter headlining in town for Pride and wanting a burger afterwards, we happened to be right there. We were able to get in fairly quickly on Pride weekend, so it was meant to be.

We got seated in the secret bar, and that was exactly where I had wanted to check out in person. It did not disappoint. Super fun vibe with a gorgeous space to boot. The food is also great with a cocktail menu that will make you incredibly indecisive. Derrick ended up ordering whatever drink that came out at the table next to us as we were all drawn by all the beautiful drinks. We ended up making friends with that table and the birthday boy. I would say that the food is as delicious as they are visually stunning.

Son & Garden
700 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109
415.913.7404













I had meant to return to Son & Garden for their holiday high tea with another friend, but it turns out you have to email them to make that high tea reservation specifically. Be sure to do that if you want high tea. Instead, we got a holiday brunch, which also did not disappoint. Although this is in day time, we did walk there together, and I would highly recommend taking a car there for door drop off due to its location in the Tenderloin, even in the day time. You will definitely want to avoid seeing things along the Tenderloin before a nice meal. I ended up pulling a Derrick by ordering my drinks after seeing the ones at the tables near me this time. I mean, look at them! It takes a lot for this non-drinker to want to order drinks. Clearly, Son & Garden had what it takes.

















No comments:

Post a Comment