4.23.2023

4.3.2023. Day 5. % ΔRΔBICΔ + Otagi Nenbutsi-ji + Kyoto Trail + Arashiyama Bamboo Forest. Arashiyama. Kyoto. Japan.

On our last full day in Kyoto, I took my friend to % ΔRΔBICΔ Arashiyama as it's literally the most beautiful coffee stand in the world. For any designers, you will want to go there and see every single detail inside this tiny coffee stand. Especially all the interior switches, buttons, panels in the walls and ceiling. You will not be disappointed. Even the espresso machine is the most beautiful I have ever seen, made of concrete and wood. Also, that view...

% ΔRΔBICΔ
3-47 Sagatenryuji Susukinobabacho
Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8385
Japan
+81 75-748-0057 













Then I took the bus up the hill to Otagi Nenbutsi-ji. I had wanted to see this temple due to the 1200 quirky rakans there. Each rakan has such personality and often depicted with joy and humor. One even had a cat!

Otagi Nenbutsi-ji
2-5 愛宕念仏寺
〒616-8439 Kyoto, Ukyo Ward, Sagatoriimoto Fukatanicho
Japan
+81 75-865-1231





















Then I walked down the hill back toward the Arashiyama Bamboo Forest and was rewarded by the Kyoto Walking trail. I highly recommend this walking trail as there was so much to see, including a building that had the most intricate carvings that did not allowed any photos. It was a marvel and I admired it for a bit before continuing on my walk filled with tanukis.





















Then I ended up at the Arashiyama Bamboo Forest. I have gone in the past quite early only to miss the crowds (before 8AM), so this was a little different during the day during the highest peak season in Japan. I would recommend going to miss the crowds so you have a peaceful meditative experience instead. Of course, I ran into the most beautiful busking experience at the entrance to the bamboo forest. I have seen a few next level buskers on this trip. Only in Japan!















Then I shopped for a few souvenirs for myself and for friends in Arashiyama.













No comments:

Post a Comment