4.16.2023

3.25.2023. Day 2. bills + Reissue + L'atelier à ma façon + Nakameguro. Shibuya + Setagaya + Meguro. Tokyo. Japan.

On this rainy day we explored Shibuya some more! We walked to the train station to take it to Harajuku so we don't get soaked first thing in the morning.



We had breakfast at bills as we were craving greens. One thing to note is that it would be wise to mix in fresh green and other flavors when in Japan so you don't overdo it on dashi/fish/seaweed/sodium. Because that fatigue is real. It's a well lit large space with plenty of green options. Which was exactly what we needed with our jet lag and dashi filled meals prior with no green produce.

bills
〒150-0001 Tokyo
Shibuya City, Jingumae
4 Chome−30−3 東急プラザ 表参道原宿 7F
Japan
+81 3-5772-1133











Then next order of business is off to Reissue for 3D latte art and for a proper coffee! I went for Totoro and my friend went for cats. I asked for Totoro to be with a usagi, but clearly they did not hear me. Unless you see a rabbit in that mix?

Reissue
3 Chome-25-7 Jingumae
Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0001
Japan







Obligatory.



Then we took the train across town to L'atelier à ma façon for parfaits. Bear in mind that Tokyo is rather large, so it takes time to cut across town. Since we were unable to go to another place for parfaits I was lusting after for this trip, I decided upon L'atelier à ma façon instead. As you know, I have quite a knack for finding exceptional things around the globe before they blow up huge. L'atelier à ma façon is whimsical, charming, enchanting, cosy, dreamy, enticing, and ultimately magic in physical form. I would like to live there. The interior, the serveware, the pendants, the bathroom! You are required to order a parfait each with a drink. The entire menu is in Japanese, so please have Google Translate ready. My friend was so blown away by both the presentation and the flavors and textures of the parfait that she thinks it's the best she has ever had. It is in my top 3 for sure. I suspect where I wanted to go instead would rival this. My friend got the citrus and I got the strawberry with pistachios. That last one is the white strawberry that the person next to us got. This entire experience at L'atelier à ma façon was what made this the MOST magical afternoon treat.

L'atelier à ma façon
1 Chome-26-14 Kaminoge
Setagaya City, Tokyo 158-0093
Japan

























Since we passed Nanameguro on the way to L'atelier à ma façon via train, we stopped there on the way home after parfaits. As you can see, the cherry blossoms were in full bloom and the petals were already fluttering onto the ground and river with each gust of wind, which is called sakura-fubuki, one of my favorite sights ever.











No comments:

Post a Comment