5.19.2017

Vicolo dei Lavandai. Milan. Italy. 5.5.2017.

Women used to do their laundry in this area of town Vicolo dei Lavandai, right under that covered area there. There are also a few great restaurants around here that I wanted to check out, so that was why I headed this way. However, be warned that most of those restaurants are opened for dinner only. I stumbled upon this artist studio right down that alley from the laundry area to the left that was selling historical Milan photos (I bought a few), where I learned that Milan used to be a canal city like Venice. They covered up the canals to replace them with roads so cars were used for transportation instead. However, they are trying to revert back to being a canal city now, or at least some parts of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment