5.22.2017

Osteria alle Testiere. Venice. Italy. 5.12.2017.

When you go somewhere as touristy as Venice, you need to be well researched to be guaranteed great meals. Otherwise, you have a very high likelihood of eating at a tourist trap, a common complaint I overheard. Being the food snob that I am, I am very well researched everywhere I go. Life is too short for mediocre anything. You will want to make your lunch or dinner reservations well over a month in advance for anything great in Venice. I had made 2 high end reservations for Venice, but did not do so for the osterias and trattorias. Knowing that I had no chance of getting in for dinner for any of those, I would show up a bit before lunch and sweet talk my way into my lunch reservation in Italian. Thankfully it worked for the places I really wanted to check out. This would be one of them. I met 2 new friends at Farini over coffee, and I was able to get a table big enough for the 3 of us to have a nice lunch. Benissimo e grazie mille!

Osteria alle Testiere
Calle del Mondo Novo 5801
30122 Venezia Italy

Filetti di rombo, in carta fata, alle cipolle di Tropea caramellate al cardamomo 
Spaghetti alle vongole “telline”
Mazzancolle alla “busara”
Contorni di stagione 
Tenerina al cioccolato fondente
Tiramisù (not shown)
Panna cotta













No comments:

Post a Comment