5.18.2017

Milan. Italy. 5.3.2017-5.6.2017.

Welcome to my second Italian adventure. You can see my first one starting here

I saw a picture of Caffè Florian last fall and I decided I needed to be there for my next adventure. I would be happy reading a book there every day and people watching. Which turns out to be true, and more on Venice when we get there later this trip. That was how I decided I needed to be in Venice. Then I looked on a map to see where else I should venture to as well as I like to go for no less than 2 weeks for international travel. Croatia was a very close call. However, I decided to stay within Italy instead to minimize travel time and make more time for adventures. Since I have never been to Milan, I figured I could fly there first and then take the train to Florence and do all the things I didn't get to do the last time I was there before I ended up in Venice for the bulk of this adventure.

When my friends heard that I was going to Milan, a lot of them told me to go elsewhere instead as it's so ugly. However, I have always wanted to see Il Duomo for architectural reasons, and there are a few other things I would like to check out while I was there. 

A friend was going to join me in Milan and Venice. However, she opened another location for her artisanal butcher shop and could not make it last minute. Which worked out fine as I always planned on doing this trip alone. I figured Italy is very easy for me as I speak Italian and I had already been to Florence. Also, I had not yet traveled internationally alone and I wanted that experience.

I stayed at this really centrally located Airbnb in Milan. It's a studio that was perfect for one person. It would be too small for 2 unless you are both extremely light packers. It's near 2 train stations so it's very easy to get around from here. It was also very clean, which is very important to me.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8451895





No comments:

Post a Comment