9.04.2023

5.24.2023-6.4.2023. Food Part 2. New York.

Bathazar is one of my musts for breakfast whenever I am in NY. It's quite nostalgic for me as Soho was my stomping ground and I love the people watching here at breakfast. I always get the scrambled eggs in puff pastry and I have gotten many of my friends to do the same. Hells yes we had profiteroles for brunch!















For dinner, I took my friend to my other must when in NY: Estela. It's in our Edible Selby for good reasons aside from Ignacio being a friend. I love having dinner here as it's all about the sauces here. I would highly recommend the beef tartare and ricotta dumplings. Can I just say I loved Katrina's blouse and how it shows up in all these shots? She says this is the loveliest meal she had this year.

















I finally had a burger at Au Cheval in Soho when I met up with a friend there for dinner one night. Still have not gone to the one in Chicago yet however, but it was great!



I had breakfast with a friend at Sadelle's. It's all about the bagel and lox here. Look at that bagel tower!







I had a lunch meeting at Ladurée Soho. The outside garden is where it's at. Naturally, I matched my Ispahan.



I had a breakfast meeting at Lafayette Grand Café and Bakery. Since I was there early, I ended up getting the office their supremes. They were incredible. Go early during the weekday and avoid that nasty line on the weekends.



For my NY finale, I had dinner at Momofuku Ko. I just happen to notice that 2 seats were available there for my last night in NY. Naturally, I nabbed it when I was making all my reservations within the hour of me finding out my NY work trip. All my friends insists I go there and I am glad I finally did. This may be one of the most casual comfortable 3 Michelin star meals I have had. And it's essentially counter only unless you do a la carte at the bar up front. I was also a fan of their mocktails.

panisse - herb crème fraîche
spring onion - snap pea

cold friend chicken - ranch, caviar

seaweed - buckwheat, squash

fluke - soy milk, ume

monkfish liver - hibiscus, fennel

spanish mackerel - tallow, hazelnut

beef - béarnaise
onion soufflé

spot prawn - kohlrabi, perilla

tilefish - tomato, saffron

lamb - rash, mustard

asian pear sorbet

foie gras - lychee, pine nut

bakewell - tomato, juniper













No comments:

Post a Comment