6.11.2019

6.9.2019. Angler. San Francisco. California.

I have a very short hit list of new restaurants to check out in the Bay Area. Angler was on that very shortlist. So for my friend Nissa's birthday, I took her there to celebrate. I have to say, so far I am two for two off my hitlist. Also from Josh Skenes at Saison, Angler is the more affordable seafood restaurant along the Embarcadero at the old Chaya location. Since they were just awarded a Michelin star last week, you will most definitely need a reservation. Since they have an open fire oven, many dishes are cooked over the embers. Since I have a weakness for lobsters, we got the lobster cooked over embers. I loved how small the menu was. I would recommend trying a bit of everything! The Angler potato was one of the most interesting potato dishes I have had. After seeing the hose rolls at the next table, we quickly added it to our order as well. The scallops were done to perfect as was the lobster. For dessert their soft serve sundae is their signature dish and you will easily see why. Since it was over 90° in San Francisco, we added the New Orleans as well.

Angler
132 The Embarcadero
San Francisco, CA 94105
415.872.9442

antelope tartare
amberjack
sweet chicory caesar
slowly grilled hen of the woods mushroom
angler potato & sauce from sonoma cheese
grilled parker house rolls & butter from petaluma cows
grilled hand-dived scallop
whole lobster roasted over the embers
soft serve sundae
new orleans



















No comments:

Post a Comment