7.17.2019

7.1.2019 Tapas 24 & Mercat Boqueria. Barcelona. Spain.

Welcome to my first Barcelona adventure! Since this year, my end destination is Château de Gudanes, and I was in Paris last summer after a shoot, I decided to spend the remainder of my holiday in Barcelona instead. The reasons being that I have never been there, it was close to Toulouse, and the plane ticket was a bit cheaper.

First meal in Barcelona was naturally tapas. Since my first stop in Barcelona was the Mercat Boqueria (food market), I ended up at Tapas 24 by Carles Abellan (ex El Bulli). Although located in tourist central, this basement tapas restaurant is no joke great. I managed to miss the lunch rush barely and by the time I finished the line was incredibly long to get a table. I had them bring me the best of everything they had, and their best jamón. It was a great first meal in Barcelona indeed.

Tapas 24
Carrer de la Diputació, 269, 
08007 Barcelona, Spain
+34 934 88 09 77





After fueling up after my long travels, I was then able to spend some quality time to scope out their best local market, Mercat Boqueria. You can get some serious gout living there with all that jamón. But oh so delicious. There was also an amazing selection of tropical fruits that reminded me of south east Asia. You can even get their freshly squeezed juices to cool yourself off as well. Although I just missed the crazy heat wave, it was still incredibly warm for this San Franciscan. I ended up buying some cherries because they looked delicious and bursting with flavor, and they were.

Mercat Boqueria. Barcelona
La Rambla, 91, 
08001 Barcelona, Spain























No comments:

Post a Comment