11.25.2023

9.23.2023-9.26.2023 Montmartre. Paris. France.

I was in Paris for work this past September, so I decided to leave a few days earlier to account for jet lag and have a few days to wander before craziness kicked in for work. I had always wanted to stay in Montmartre, so I opted to start that way before making my way into central Paris for work. I always end up climbing the steps to Sacré-Cœur when in Paris as it's lively with some of the best buskers I have seen, and it's always different. However, beware that Montmartre is on a hill. I don't mind the incline as I like exercise, and I prefer it to burn off all the French butter by walking everywhere.

I stayed at Hôtel Monsieur Aristide in Montmartre. It's a charming hotel and the rooms are teeny tiny, like all Parisian hotels. I loved the area it is located as it's in an alley around Rue Lepic where all the bistros and shops are. Look at that view out my window!









Around the corner from my hotel.







Montmarte was an artist village that housed the likes of Dalí and Picasso. You can see its vibrant energy walking all around it still.







I turned a corner and saw this guy playing the theme from Lady and the Tramp on an accordion with a black cat on it. I nearly lost my mind. I even saw him the next morning wandering around Montmartre with cat in tow.





Le Consulat is actually on my hit list. Still haven't made it there yet...









Always a party at Sacré-Cœur.







If you face the church and go to the left there you will end up in the most charming town square. We ended up having dinner there one night as it was such a vibe. I highly recommend it. Just follow your nose!



This is my friend Whittany. She had just finished fashion month and did make up at ~16 runway shows. She looked good for being half dead.





No comments:

Post a Comment