11.26.2023

9.23.2023-10.1.2023. Paris. France.

Here are some general Paris wanderings in case this gives you some ideas.

Last time I came to Paris for work, I stayed at Le Pigalle. Pigalle is the area down the hill from Montmartre. So if you are looking for something flatter, that could be good. It was certainly the place to be for Fashion Week as well. I think that room was even smaller than Hôtel Monsieur Aristide.



That same time, some of my team had to stay at Hotel Amour and their sister Hotel Grand Amour. It was Fashion Week when we had a shoot there. Somehow I always find myself walking past there each time I am in Paris...



Right by Moulin Rouge...



Found this Totoro by Invader.















The behind the scenes video of me getting up there is a work of art in itself. There was a lot of funny business when we were not locked in a room working.





Le Petit Paris.



I also went to Opéra Garnier where JR did the exterior for public performances. I wish I had the time to actually see one.













What are they all staring at?



This. Painted by Chagall.





Paul's first time at the Louvre.



I like heading there to enjoy the musicians that busk there. I listened to a cellist, a violinist and an opera singer. All were excellent and I clapped enthusiastically and gave them all my money.



My friends think it's hilarious that I take pictures of engagement and wedding portraits all over. I think so too. I can't help it. I always take pictures of couples when they are taking their engagement or wedding photos around the world.





I ended up at the Louvre one night while on my walk and came upon the Lancôme event for Paris Fashion Week just as all the celebrities were arriving for the red carpet.





Walking along the Seine is always a good idea. It was Paul's first time in Paris so we walked around whenever we could.













Since this was Paul's first time to Paris, he requested that we go see the Eiffel Tower. Which we happily obliged.







I almost never go clubbing when I am on holiday or traveling for work. Chicago may be the only exception, and a few close friends headlining. In fact, I rarely go out like that back in San Francisco nowadays. James decided to find me the good parties when I was in Paris while messaging me. The next thing I know I am on the guest list for Dimitri From Paris for a disco party Friday night after our debut at Paris Fashion Week. Dimitri tells me via text that it will be a proper French disco party at La Bellevilloise so I had to rally and drink coffee that night and dragged Cami with me for accountability. This would be the mother of all disco parties. I am so glad I rallied to go dance and experience this for an hour at least. The energy was phenomenal. The entire crowd sang and danced. If you are going to go out, it'd better be like THAT. Thank you James and Dim for getting me off my ass!



No comments:

Post a Comment