11.09.2018

Mister Jiu's. San Francisco. California. 11.1.2018.

My sister stopped by San Francisco on her way home for a wedding so we got to have dinner. We were debating dinner in Chinatown so I got us into Mister Jiu's to eat at the bar since she is never here. People always want to go there with me and I often decline. Not because I do not want to; I cannot have that meal too many times. As it's quite heavy and I have it too often and not exactly cheap. I try to save it for special guests and occasions mostly. We opted for the classics at $69 per person for 7 dishes. We had a bit of leftovers.

To be quite frank, in order to stay in great shape and still be the food critic/blogger that I am in my 40s, I am finding it extremely difficult. Therefore I have enlisted a personal trainer that I will be training with 3 times a week starting in December. As appreciative I am about getting all the extra gifts of dishes from chefs when I dine out, I do wince a bit due to the extra calories that would mean. Furthermore, due to my foot injury and surgery from mid last year, it added another layer of difficulty in getting back into shape. So instead of waiting until January, I decided to kick start this as soon as possible. I look forward to being back in great shape again and continue to review great dishes for you all!

Mister Jiu's
28 Waverly Place
San Francisco, CA 94108
415.857.9688

dutch crunch bbq bun
crispy scarlet turnip cake
sea urchin cheong fun
steak fried rice
tendrils, greens and stems
sizzled alaskan halibut
pork "lion's head" meatballs
frozen whipped honey










No comments:

Post a Comment