5.19.2018

Amber India. San Francisco. California. 5.18.2018.

I have not given any love on this blog to Amber India, my favorite Indian restaurant in San Francisco. For no reason other than I typically go there at night with dark lighting and you cannot get decent enough pictures. I have actually done my birthday dinners there in the past a few times because I love it so much. In fact, Amber is always a surprise hit with people that have never been there. I have taken quite a few of my British Indian food snob friends, including Dirty Vegas, and they all agree that this may be one of the best Indian restaurants they have ever been to. I love how well they use the spices even when you get it 10 out of 10 spicy, and how all the flavors from different dishes goes together. And if you like spicy food, I would recommend you get it very spicy to try it. Fair warning that my brother and I were seeing stars when we did the lamb vindaloo level 10 spicy.

Amber India
25 Yerba Buena Ln
San Francisco, CA 94103
415.777.0500

Here are my favorite dishes from Amber below:

Samosa
Crisp Idaho Potato Pea Dumplings.


Cauliflower Bezule
Watsonville Cauliflower, Coconut, Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves.


Duck Tinka Kebab
Maple farm Duck Breast, Tempered Yogurt, Nigella-Dill Caper Chutney.


Four-Chili Sea Bass
Amber’s Signature Chilean Sea Bass, Yogurt, Grandma’s Spice Mix.

Be sure to try it with the mint sauce.

Butter Chicken
Amber’s Signature-Shredded Tandoori Chicken, Tomato, Cream Sauce.

This is their signature dish and to die for.

Nalli Vindaloo
Braised Natural “Superior Farms” Lamb Shank, Goan Specialty Vindaloo Sauce.

This is what I have tried level 10 spicy. The lamb is extremely tender and you will be hallucinating afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment