12.16.2022

7.23.2022-7.26.2022. Napa stay with friends. Napa. California.

I almost forgot about my quick stay with some food friends in Napa back in July before I started my new project. Since you all want to know where the chefs and I eat, here are some more recommendations for you that may be visiting Napa Valley. Always make a reservation ahead of time as this is Napa Valley after all.

We had dinner at our friend Sean's restaurant Torc. It's right in the mix of downtown Napa. It's casual fine dining and he definitely knows I love truffles. For those of you food snobs, he used to be the chef at Quince and Cotogna in San Francisco. Rest assured you are in great hands.

Torc
1140 Main St
Napa, CA 94559
707.252.3292







The chefs were very excited to bring me to Glen Ellen Star. I was also very enamored by the house right across the street (you'll see). We opted for outdoor here as that was an option and it's modern American dining. Definitely a great meal if you are near Glen Ellen!

Glen Ellen Star
13648 Arnold Dr
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
707.343.1384



We ended up going for a hike at Jack London Historic State Park one afternoon and ended up in downtown Sonoma for a snack. I always love going into Chateau Sonoma whenever I am there to see what offerings that suit my fancy.

Chateau Sonoma
453 1st St W
Sonoma, CA 95476
707.309.1993





Mostly, we all cook and have dinner parties. Especially when you have a bunch of fancy chefs and food purveyors of Napa, and I am the fancy baker. It's not terrible when the home is a William Turnbull with its own vineyard and pool either. It was hilarious to see Staffan having to cook in a small galley kitchen like mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment