2.19.2019

1.26.2019. Iyasare. Berkeley. California.

Full disclosure: I am rarely in the East Bay. I was in Emeryville for the Ciel opening party and ran into friends and we decided to grab a bite together. We ended up at Iyasare, which is owned by my friend Sho. Hilariously, this was my first time there since I rarely make East Bay appearances. Iyasare is a beautiful space and Sho serves izakaya style dishes with California influence. It was a lovely meal and I would highly recommend it.

Iyasare
1830 Fourth St
Berkeley, CA 94710
510.845.8100

poppo yaki - whole grilled squid, tempura tentacles, mentaiko aoli
niji-kabu - roasted beets, yuzu kosho, smoked tofu, citrus supreme, gobo
zakuro-hamachi - dash-cured yellowtail, pomegranate, white soy blood-orange ponzu, spaghetti squash salad
fuyu salad - roasted sun chokesendive okra pomegranate, celery root puree, garlic ponzu
japanese uni gnocchi - housemade squid ink gnocchi pasta, ash-cured egg yolk, sea urchin cream sauce
frozen chestnut custard - kinako caramel, flourless chocolate cake crumble, chestnut brittle









No comments:

Post a Comment