5.23.2017

La Bella Addormentata. Teatro La Fenice. Venice. Italy. 5.14.2017.

Since I decided to go to Teatro alla Scala in Milan, I researched what the opera house in Venice looked like. After seeing pictures of it, I decided to also attend a show there due to its architecture. Since I already saw an opera at La Scala and it was a ballet in Venice, it was a no brainer to go see this. That was how I ended up seeing La Bella Addormentata (The Sleeping Beauty) by Tchaikovsky. La Scala was extremely beautiful, but when I entered the theatre at La Fenice, I actually gasped. It is the most beautiful theatre I have been to to date. I got myself premier orchestra seats as this is a ballet and I thought that would be a nice way to see this. Besides, I got the box at La Scala already. During intermission, I sweet talked my way into the Royal Box to take a look. If buying a show ticket is not in your budget, you can buy a ticket to tour the theatre instead. Sometimes, you may even see a rehearsal. La Bella Addormentata just also happens to be the most beautiful performance and production I have seen on stage. The end sequence alone was well worth the money. It was very Eugenio Recuenco.

Teatro La Fenice
Campo San Fantin 1965
30124 Venezia Italy





No comments:

Post a Comment