12.30.2017

Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors. The Broad. Los Angeles. California. 12.26.2017.

I popped down to LA on Christmas so I can line up to see Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Mirrors at The Broad before it closes. I have seen the Infinity Mirror room at The Broad and I have seen 2 of her Infinity Mirror installations at The Mattress Factory as well. A lot of people complained that there is not a lot to this show. I can tell you is that these pieces are not meant to be experienced in 30 seconds, which is what you get at The Broad. I only know this from having had no time limit to experience these at The Mattress Factory. Much like James Turrell, you need time to immerse yourself into the pieces. I am glad I saw it regardless, but I would highly recommend you seeing these without a time limit if you ever have the opportunity to do so, as it's quite something. Furthermore, her work precedes the selfie generation. My friends and I loved the paintings the most. However, I am very partial still to the Infinity Mirror rooms. 

The Broad

221 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90012 
213.232.6200

Photo of me below by Uli Luetzenkirchen.









A post shared by Amy Yvonne Yu (@amyyvonneyu) on





A post shared by Amy Yvonne Yu (@amyyvonneyu) on


No comments:

Post a Comment