3.05.2012

Bird Song. 3.5.2012.

Well I didn't tell anyone but a bird flew by
Saw what I'd done
He set up a nest outside
And he sang about what I'd become

He sang so loud, he sang so clear
I was afraid all the neighbors would hear
So I invited him in just to reason with him
I promised I wouldn't do it again

But he sang louder and louder inside the house
And now I couldn't get him out
So I trapped him under a cardboard box
Stood on it to make it stop
I picked up the bird and above the din
I said that's the last song you'll ever sing
Held him down broke his neck
Taught him a lesson he wouldn't forget

But in my dreams began to creep
That old familiar
Tweet tweet tweet

I opened my mouth to scream and shout
I waived my arms and flapped about
But I couldn't scream and I couldn't shout
Couldn't scream and I couldn't shout
I opened my mouth to scream and shout
I waived my arms and flapped about
But I couldn't scream and I couldn't shout
The song was coming from my mouth

From my mouth...


-Florence + the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment