4.20.2018

Cafes. Turin. Italy. 4.2.2018-4.5.2018.

Since Torino is only an hour by train from Milan, I decided to have a visit before I ended up in Milan for 9 days to break it up a bit. I thoroughly enjoyed the cafe life in Torino. I think I went to 6 different ones in 3 days. Which is funny, because I actually don't drink coffee. But I certainly do love my cappuccinos when I am in Italy. Viva Italian roast! Torino is famous for their chocolates, so everywhere I went was filled with chocolates, and I really loved having the bicerin. Also, I just love the history and interiors old cafes offer in Europe in general that we simply do not have here in the states.

Baratti & Milano has been opened since 1858 and they are famous for their chocolates with hazelnut. They were the royal confectioners for the House of Savoy. I came here for an afternoon ice cream.


Baratti & Milano

Piazza Castello, 27
10123 Torino TO
Italy
+39 011 440 7138

A post shared by Amy Yvonne Yu (@amyyvonneyu) on 



Caffè Torino has been opened since 1903 and is well known to have some of the best cocktails in Torino. I enjoyed starting my day there with my morning cappuccino and a savory sandwich before starting my day. Since Torino is famous for its chocolates, it was difficult finding a place without sweets for breakfast, so I was very happy to have found savory sandwiches instead.


Caffè Torino

Piazza S. Carlo, 204
10121 Torino TO
Italy
+39 011 545118




Café Al Bicerin has been open since 1763 is the famous creator of the bicerin drink. They also have chocolate toast. They have a store next door where you can buy all your chocolate goodies for gifts. The extra perk of coming here was that I got to see my friend Jesse who is living in Bra and on his way to Venice for a meeting.


Café Al Bicerin

Piazza della Consolata, 5
10122 Torino TO
Italy
+39 011 436 9325



Caffè Fiorio has been opened since 1780 and they have beautiful sitting rooms and enough sugary goods to give you diabetes. They are also open late for drinks.


Caffè Fiorio

Via Po, 8
10121 Torino TO
Italy
+39 011 817 3225



Caffè San Carlo has been opened since 1822 and it was considered the "salon" of Turin where everyone met up. I was very hungry and I stumbled upon it to have some pasta. Little did I know that they would have such a grand cafe inside!

Caffè San Carlo
Piazza S. Carlo, 156
10121 Torino TO
Italy
+39 011 532586



Caffè Mulassano has one of the best bicerins in town, so clearly I had to have it before I left Torino on my last day. It also has the grandest marble counter I have ever seen. Their croissants were also excellent and a great place for cocktails. Trust me, you are not going to want to miss this one.

Caffè Mulassano
Piazza Castello, 15
10124 Torino TO
Italy
+39 011 547990

No comments:

Post a Comment