12.08.2012

Winter. Oakland. California. 12.5.2012.

Sometimes people touch you in your life in unimaginable ways. My uncle Winter was one of these people. It is with a heavy heart that I write this, as he is no longer with us. He has been one of the most influential figures in my life. This would be the same uncle that gave me a 15 minute crash course in using a SLR camera in front of his house before I shot my first concert. That simple gesture, amongst many others, changed my life forever. I have been dodging skateboards and bass guitars with my camera, art buying, and producing photo shoots ever since. With my eternal gratitude, may you rest in peace. Nighty.

Winter Yu
1.20.1958 - 11.27.2012
Sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt.

Image below courtesy of unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment