6.17.2024

5.11.2024 - 5.23.2024. Food. New York.

I hit up many new places this time in New York so here it goes!

First dinner upon arrival was Momoya Soho. I wanted to go there due to their amazing parfaits. To my friend and mine's disappointment, they do sell out daily, so we were unable to get ours for dessert. However, we did get this amazing sushi box.



Whittany never had high tea before, which I found out at high tea. So we decided to get high tea at Prince Tea House in East Village. They don't take reservations, so I would recommend going before they open to get a table.



 La Cabra for coffees and a cardamom bun.





Tiny's and the Bar Upstairs for a lazy Soho Sunday.





I snuck in a breakfast from Maman one morning.





I went to Matchaful daily for my frozen matcha. Yes please.



Fellini for a coffee catch up. Legendary.





Soothr was a great Thai lunch. Was busy catching up with my friend so more sparse on the pictures on this. Trust me on this one. Do not miss it.





I will have you know that I went to Flipper's 4 times on this trip, and 3 out of those 4 times I got the matcha soufflé pancakes (no syrup needed). Many of my friends also wanted to have pancakes there and the matcha one was so good that I was easily swayed. I also got their chicken and waffles. And that was rather delicious as well. It's the same Flipper's as the one in Japan. And yes, it's well worth the calories. I walked everywhere, including to Brooklyn.









Here is a great one for you, Mono+Mono. I actually went there twice on this trip for dinner and again for lunch. It's the same menu and I would say it's better for dinner as it's Korean small bites. It's a whole vibe. Be sure to get their chicken wings and I loved all the vegetable dishes.





















Then I got the best authentic Taiwanese milk tea at Xing Fu Tang. I still cannot stop thinking about this milk tea. Currently trying to find the best one in San Francisco that is comparable.

I spent a perfect Saturday in Brooklyn and walked around with one of my besties who now lives there after getting pancakes at Flippers. We ended up getting pizza slices at F&F Pizzeria then we walked some more and got ice cream at Malai. I got the rose with cinnamon roasted almonds.



I finally made my way to Nine Orchard for drinks at the Swan Room. Hilariously, I thought I had run into my friend Florence in the lobby while waiting for the table. I only saw her from the back so I wasn't 100% sure. Although we tend to be in NY at the same time almost every time. So that is a bit of our inside joke. My friend, who is a high end interior designer, and I have been dying to see this renovation since it was done. Also, they make proper cocktails and mocktails.







Then a perfect dinner for a perfect girls' Sunday at Sant Ambroeus. C'est magnifique! I was very sad to have to skip dessert since I was so full. Le sigh. I did make it back another morning for breakfast and that was also fabulous.





Oli insisted that we have dinner at Birds of a Feather since we got onto the topic of Chinese food in NY versus SF. Naturally we have significantly better Asian cuisines here in San Francisco both due to being closer to Asia and having significantly better produce and ingredients. I will say that Birds of a Feather does have a great ma po tofu and dan dan noodles. I would skip the shumai and the tea smocked duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment